Bev Jo, this is Joan Kelly, I comment at AROOO sometimes too(in case you're not sure who I am).
I can't find an email for you on here and I was wanting to email you. But, it's nothing top secret so I'll say it here - is there a way to order your book, Dykes Loving Dykes, that is best for you, potential-royalties-wise? I mean is Amazon okay, or is there some better way, etc.?
Also, I'm so scattered sometimes - I had meant to say "thank you" for some comment you left at AROOO a while back where you said I made a good point or something?, but I forgot where it was and it doesn't look like I'll be swamped with free time to go digging any time soon.
I know that probably sounds silly ("hey thank you for saying something nice somewhere else!) - really I just meant to acknowledge the fact that I am enjoying your presence around the blog world and sorry it took me so long to say so directly.
I'll keep this short since I'm not sure it will work.
Thank you for your support! I understand being overwhelmed. If you left your email, I could contact you, or do we know anyone in common?
I'm not sure the best way to get our book. Several friends are now typing it all to go online. We do have copies left, but it's not like we really make money from it. I guess do whatever is easiest for you.
The "Beth" Elliott you described in your post is indeed frightening, a true body snatcher. If he (because with all the politeness in the world I can't bring myself to call him a woman) really is how you have described him then I wish your info got around more instead of just having the standard "Elliott got outed by someone, transphobia!!!" response. But (please if this is too personal ignore it) did he physically rape you or just steal your identity (which is a form of rape in itself)? I couldn't understand it.
lord I'm a dork. I'm so used to having my email just automatically pre-entered when I leave comments (even when I can clearly see that's not the point, as with this site) - here it is
joank6000@gmail.com
Thanks for your response and I would love to buy a copy from you if you're willing to sell me one.
4 comments:
Bev Jo, this is Joan Kelly, I comment at AROOO sometimes too(in case you're not sure who I am).
I can't find an email for you on here and I was wanting to email you. But, it's nothing top secret so I'll say it here - is there a way to order your book, Dykes Loving Dykes, that is best for you, potential-royalties-wise? I mean is Amazon okay, or is there some better way, etc.?
Also, I'm so scattered sometimes - I had meant to say "thank you" for some comment you left at AROOO a while back where you said I made a good point or something?, but I forgot where it was and it doesn't look like I'll be swamped with free time to go digging any time soon.
I know that probably sounds silly ("hey thank you for saying something nice somewhere else!) - really I just meant to acknowledge the fact that I am enjoying your presence around the blog world and sorry it took me so long to say so directly.
Hi Joan,
I'll keep this short since I'm not sure it will work.
Thank you for your support! I understand being overwhelmed. If you left your email, I could contact you, or do we know anyone in common?
I'm not sure the best way to get our book. Several friends are now typing it all to go online. We do have copies left, but it's not like we really make money from it. I guess do whatever is easiest for you.
Bev
The "Beth" Elliott you described in your post is indeed frightening, a true body snatcher. If he (because with all the politeness in the world I can't bring myself to call him a woman) really is how you have described him then I wish your info got around more instead of just having the standard "Elliott got outed by someone, transphobia!!!" response. But (please if this is too personal ignore it) did he physically rape you or just steal your identity (which is a form of rape in itself)? I couldn't understand it.
lord I'm a dork. I'm so used to having my email just automatically pre-entered when I leave comments (even when I can clearly see that's not the point, as with this site) - here it is
joank6000@gmail.com
Thanks for your response and I would love to buy a copy from you if you're willing to sell me one.
Take care,
Joan
Post a Comment